Sunday, February 26, 2012

Daily post

Today in class we talked about power and what we can do with our projects. I came up with two ideas. One is to make a video of people of all ages writing their weakness on a card and then ripping it up and showing that you can overcome your weakness and gain control of it. My second idea was to do something along the lines of overcoming your weakness again and having a painting of a backbone. But I need to figure out how I could incorporate that one into the themes that are left for me to choose.

After that we watched videos on two artists. The first one Laylah Ali created art that I have never seen before. Her art was very original and had a good underlining meaning to each piece. My favorite ones by her was her dodgeball series. I also really liked her doodles before she even painted. 


Then we watched a video on Cai Guo-Qiang and it was cool to see his style of art and how he would use gunpowder to create his pieces. I also really liked his installations of the car flipping and the arrows in the tiger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment